Monday, March 30, 2015

Two pair of baby sandals for 1 year old. Patterns from Whistle and Ivy. Four loom knitted hats, done with 2 strands of worsted weight yarn, on the green knifty knitter loom. DGD sweater. Two crocheted sweaters. Pattern from Just crochet.

Friday, March 20, 2015

I have made 3 more hats, but neglected to take pics of them, before giving them away. I am still working on the DGD sweater. Body is finished, now just need to finish the sleeves. The scarf is made on the pink knifty knitter board.

Monday, February 23, 2015

size 2 toddler sweater for DGD

Friday, February 20, 2015

I have finish-itis today. Finished hubby's face mask, see those green eyes, amazing. Finished a dish cloth, love those reds and whites. Finish a single sock...just cast on for the second sock.

Friday, January 30, 2015

The purple and lavender items, and the navy blue leg warmers are for my granddaughter. the yellow and peach hats are for cancer caps. The blue legwarmers are the ear warmer are my own patterns. the other hats are from Elk Studio.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Two sets for my DGD. I still need to make the ear warmer in lavender, and she wants a pair of navy blue leg warmers.

Friday, January 9, 2015

The first picture is of a face mask made for hubby. This is the third version...the first 2 were just too big, and kept stretching out...so I used a pattern from patterns by Dot for a face mask. I made the top the same as the pattern, only used a size G hook instead of a K hook. Then instead of crochet ribbing, I knitted the ribbing for 5 inches with a size 3 needle...I also had to take in the opening 5 stitches on each side, so will make a note of all the changes that I made to this pattern, and make him a couple more. If you click on the picture you can see it better. He was outside getting snow off the roof this morning... The second picture is of a sweater that I finished for someone...they gave me the partially finished sweater and all the yarn that was with it. I needed to make the sleeves and sew them in. They told me it was a size 4, and it was bulky yarn, so I finally found a pattern that would work. I was almost done with the second sleeve, and they had no more yarn. So I has to look online to find out how to use some yarn from the body of the sweater to finish up the second sleeve...since this was knit from the top down, I couldn't just unravel it...also this was knit in the round for the body, so that worked out well for me. I had to cut one loop about an inch above the ribbing. That was scary, but I did it. Then I had to pull the yarn through the stitches on each stitch around...then once it was a separate piece I could just unravel from the top down on the cut off part, used the leftover yarn to knit more back onto the body, then do the ribbing...I think it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.